Romance With Rose Petals
When you're tired of giving roses, or you just want to try something a little more unique… look no further than the rose petal. You can usually pick some up from a florist for free, or for a huge effect you can order them by the pound online. What to do with these precious petals of love? Your options are as endless as you can be creative. To get you started here are a few ideas to try…
- Place rose petals on a fan. (Make sure it's dusted before doing this!) Turn on the fan when they are underneath it. They will then be showered with roses! This is a great idea to include during love hunts!
- Leave trails of rose petals to a romantic surprise such as a gift, a bubble bath, a homemade dinner, or you!
- Float rose petals in a scented bath.
- On lighter colored petals such as white, peach or pink write words of love on them and leave them throughout the house or in their car.
- Lay a sheet you don't mind getting stained on the floor. Cover it with rose petals. Surround the room with candlelight and begin your rendezvous.
- Spray some rose petals with perfume or cologne and tuck them into a love letter.
- If you leave before your partner wakes up, leave rose petals on the pillow next to them with a little note saying, "I love you!"
- Create a bookmark that will remind them of your love by laminating five to six rose petals. Using a hole punch, create a hole in the top and string a ribbon through it.
- Tuck fake rose petals under the covers on your partner's side of the bed as a romantic surprise.
- Sprinkle the table with petals for a romantic dinner setting.
- Write out the words "I love you" in rose petals on your bed or floor.
- When giving a gift, fill the box with rose petals for an extra romantic touch.
Ideas From Lovingyou.com Members…
A Single Rose Love Letter
Who says that flowers are only for girls? Guys love them too. I bought a beautiful rose for my boyfriend and plucked almost all of the petals off of it. Attached to each petal, I wrote one sentence on a small piece of paper (rolled up) telling him how much he means to me. I placed the petals face up so he couldn't see the messages. When he opened the box, he saw the left over plucked rose, a small note explaining what's behind each petal, and the petals underneath. I can honestly say that the reciever will cherish that gift forever. :o) My boyfriend did, and right after he confessed his love for me. To this day, he still takes out the dried rose petals to read each note that explains how much I admire and love him. -submitted by Cathy
A Trail of Love
Leave a single long stemmed red rose taped to the front door of your house so your significant other will find it, and a trail of rose petals from the front door to the kitchen where a romantic candlelight dinner is waiting. -submitted by Anonymous
My boyfriend had to go out of town for a week for work, and I talked to him every night. Well, he came back into town two days early without telling me. The morning after he came back, he came over to my house, before I had to get up and go to work, and put rose petals on my car to spell out, "I Love You" . My car was parked right under my window so I could see it. I had him drive me to work so I wouldn't have to move my car. -submitted by Jennifer
In A Bed Of Roses
Try sending your sweetie a single red long stem rose along with a note that says "I want to lay you down in a bed of roses". Then, when they aren't home pick all the petals off of a dozen roses and spread them in the sheets of their bed, so when they get home you can keep your promise. It worked for me my husband loved it! (Editors Note: Make sure to lay down a sheet that is okay to be stained. Sometimes rose petals can leave marks.) -submitted by Anonymous
Romance is Alive
When taking your lady out on that special evening, place rose petals all over her seat and also around the vehicle. It is a "melt her heart" sure thing. Let her know how much you love her. : ) You can let the rest of the evening follow from there. -submitted by Anonymous
Simple, But Lovely
When I was at university, I dated a guy from another state. Just when I thought he didn't care for me any longer because he'd not phoned in a couple of weeks, I received a letter with a return post of "thinking of you". Upon opening the envelope, I didn't find a love note. Instead, my lap was covered with dried rose petals from my love's garden. I think I smiled for at least a week after opening that one! In fact, ten years later, I still smile when I think of that "letter". -submitted by Anonymous
Thinking of You
This was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done. I had just started dating my current boyfriend, and we were talking online. He told me that he loved me and I told him to show me. He asked me for suggestions and I told him he could think of something. The next day I got a message that I had a package at the front desk of my dorm hall. He had sent me a single long stemmed rose and a box of rose petals. On the card he had written, "The rose is to show my love for you and each petal stands for every time I thought of you." It was the sweetest thing ever! -submitted by Lauralei