Date Night: T-Shirt Decorating
Looking for a fun indoor date night idea? Try something personal and creative like decorating T-Shirts! You can make shirts for each other, shirts you'll wear for a specific occasion, or a little something fun to sleep in. The ideas for this date night are endless.
What You'll Need:
- fabric paint and/or markers
- hard surface
- cardboard to put in between the back and front of your shirts so the paint doesn't bleed through
Decide what your goal in making the shirts is, if any. You could also create shirts with an agreed-upon theme.
Set up everything before the date begins.
You might want to experiment with some of the paint on a scrap piece of fabric first to test how the paint looks and applies. Having a decent-sized piece of fabric for testing will ensure you don't use anything on your shirt that will make it look bad.
Make sure to have some snacks and drinks available and have a fun, upbeat playlist picked out to listen to while you work.
Keeping It Romantic
- Make shirts for each other to wear to bed.
- Create a little contest for "Best Artist." Winner gets a 20-minute massage.
- Design matching T-Shirts to wear to a couple's night activity, such as bowling or a game night, or on a vacation.
You can use fabric paints and markers on anything made out of fabric. Don't limit yourself to just T-shirts. Try tote bags, hats, sweatshirts, cotton pants, undergarments, pillows, pillowcases or blankets.
Add another dimension to the fun and make some iron-on transfers as well. You can make transfers of pictures, phrases, images... basically anything on your computer you that you can print. You just need iron-on transfer paper for your printer which can be found at most office supply or discount stores.