Love in the Hot Tub
You donít have to get dressed up, find a babysitter, or make reservations to have a fabulous date night if youíve got a hot tub. Any night of the week, you can get a little closer to the one you love by taking a soak together. Itís one of those experiences that fosters great conversation because you canít help but feel relaxed and carefree when you are immersed in steaming hot water with a soothing jet massage. Turn this already wonderful experience into a very special date night with some of the ideas below.
- Make fun poolside snacks that wonít mess up the hot tub experience if they drop in the water. Fresh fruit kabobs, popsicles, vegetable tray, bite sized sausages, pears and cheese, chocolate covered strawberries, dried fruit and nuts are all great choices.
- Make a tub-side mini bar with the tools and ingredients for one of your favorite cocktails and bottles of water.
- Relax with a glass of wine or champagne.
- Create the perfect playlist for a romantic ambiance and bring your iPod dock outside to enjoy during your soak.
- Complete the ambiance with romantic lighting. Set candles around the tub and hang twinkle lights nearby.
- Have soft cozy robes waiting for the two of you. If itís cold out, put the robes in your dryer before you get in the tub and hop out before your partner to surprise them with a heated robe.
- Make (or buy) a sweet message in a bottle and drop it into the hot tub for your partner to find.
- Play a game in the hot tub. Get waterproof cards and play strip poker, play waterproof UNO, or the Hot Tub Game for Lovers
- If youíve got a pool, jump in and play around, then hop back in the tub.
- Trade shoulder, foot and head massages.
- Stargaze into the night and dream about the future together.
- Just lie there holding each other, enjoying the night in silence.
FYI: if you donít have a hot tub, you can take advantage of a hotel room with spa, rent a hot tub (just search the internet for Hot Tub Rentals, spendy, but a fun idea), fashion an outdoor garden tub with an old claw foot bathtub, or hop in your bathtub together.