Harvest & Craft Fairs
When the nights get cooler and the days get shorter, celebrating the bounty of summer is a wonderful way to enjoy the days of autumn. Each fall, cities and towns across the nation showcase their talents and harvest for everyone to enjoy. Compliment that with live music, beautiful fall colors, and delicious homemade goodies and you've got the recipe for the perfect romantic fall date.
Most areas will have either a main fall harvest festival, a craft fair, or possibly even both. Decide which event you and your partner would enjoy attending most and make plans accordingly.
Things to Do:
- Fairs like this will often have cooking or how-to demonstrations. Have fun and use the opportunity to learn new things together.
- Take advantage of all the delectable offerings available and plan a progressive dining experience. Decide how many courses you will indulge in and have each person take turns choosing what you will eat for that course.
- Bring your dancing shoes! Many fairs offer live music and dancing after dark. Complete your perfect day with a dance under the stars.
- Pick a theme item and try to find something you will give to each other that best represents that as a romantic token of the day. It could be a type of food, an animal, something made out of wood...your options are endless.
- Cater to your inner child and get your faces painted together. For fun, let each person pick out the design for the other.
- Competitions typically abound in settings like this. Join in and create unforgettable memories together. Who knows, you might even win!
- Take home some of the experience to celebrate at a later date by picking out ingredients for a romantic dinner or picnic for two.
Search online for "harvest fair 'your city name'" and you should be able to find something locally. If not, try one of the links below for a list of fairs around the country.