Date Idea: Cooking Classes
"The way to a person's heart is through the stomach." -Source Unknown
If you want a great date idea that will leave a lasting impression, as well as skills, taking a cooking class together may be just the thing for you! With an enormous offering of classes in just about every city it can be a very practical and unique dating experience. Get started with a few of these ideas and tips:
- Find out if your date has any food allergies. Make sure to avoid places that use any offending ingredients.
- Find out if your date dislikes any certain type of food, and make sure to avoid classes preparing those types of foods.
- See if the classes you are interested in are hands on or just observation classes.
- Make reservations! Spaces tend to fill up quickly, especially in popular classes.
- Be sure to let your date know to wear something comfortable as you will probably be standing up most of the time.
A quick check in your local yellow pages or city Internet guide should produce a few cooking class options. You may also want to check out local restaurants, cooking schools, continuing education classes or public classes available through your city, or private lessons.
We recommend trying your favorite restaurants first. You'd be surprised at how many offer public and private classes.