Inspire Sensual Play
10 ideas to get things going!
by Jennifer Good!
- Read erotic fiction or prose together.
- Act on each other's fantasies.
- Watch an erotic movie together.
- Play a sensual board game.
- Create a mock lingerie photo shoot. If you are comfortable, use a Polaroid or video camera for more realism.
- Study up on new sexual positions you'd like to try with your partner. Get a few index cards, and write one idea on each card. Every time you want to try a new position, mail your partner the card. Or, leave it in a private place where they will find it.
- Visit an erotic toy store, either online or nearby, and talk about different things you may want to purchase in the future and why.
- Create a sensual kit that you both may use during any love play time. Fill it with items you would both be comfortable using, such as: tea lights, feather, massage lotion, blindfold, silk scarf, rose petals, camera, etc.
- Create a Love Play Book Club. Go to a bookstore or library together, and each of you choose one how-to type sensual book. Set a date somewhere around the two week mark, with separate days for each other. On your day, you or your partner will provide the other with a demonstration of what they learned.
- Experiment with food. Take a special trip to the grocery store together. Only purchase things you plan on using that night. Alternatively, you could raid your kitchen for items you would like to use.